Have an idea for a research project? Want to pursue research abroad? Don’t delay, apply to ŠIRP!
We are happy to report that we have published a call for international Student Individual Research Projects (ŠIRP) with a financial stimulus for mobility in the 2022/2023 academic year. The call is being coordinated by the University International Cooperation Office, assisted by the Office for Students and Alumni.
The call, which will be open until funds are used up or until 28 July 2023 at the latest, is open to students in the first and second cycles who are interested in designing and implementing an individual research project at one of the member institutions of the EUTOPIA association. In addition to designing a project that will include a component of student research with two mentors (review, analysis and comparison of the literature, review of methodology and interdisciplinary approaches, work on seminar, final dissertation or article and so forth), the project must include proposed mobility at the host university (added value of attending the proposed university, visit to libraries and laboratories/research groups and other activities that support the international student project).
Projects will be financed entirely from Development Pillar funds. One particular feature of the call is the possibility of funding for virtual mobility, for which students with special status will be eligible.
Students will enter their personal data on the application form (name, address, bank account, faculty, etc.) and submit the form (as an attachment):
- Project and Mobility Plan, upon applying;
- the Project and Mobility Report is to be submitted after conclusion of the project.
The forms are completed by the student in English together with the mentor.
What do you need to do?
- Read through the call for enrolment carefully.
- Find a mentor at the University of Ljubljana and at your selected university abroad.
- Draw up the content of the project together.
- Complete the application form, upload the necessary attachments and submit the application.
- When you receive a response, you will sign an agreement on the financial stimulus for mobility and commence your research.
Until when and where should you apply?
Applications will be accepted starting 1 February 2023 up until funds are used up, or until 28 July 2023 at the latest. Applications are accepted on the form that you can access using your UL digital identity.
The complete call is available here.
Applications and coordination will be managed at the UL International Cooperation Office. For more information students can contact